Australian citizens can visit India visa-free for up to 90 days in a six-month period. However, there are only 10 Indian ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens – and the list is constantly changing so be sure to check before you travel.
What are Indian Ports of Entry?
There are many different Indian ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens. These ports can vary depending on the country of origin, but most commonly include airports in India, seaports, and land borders. For example, Indian airports that are typically accepted by Australian citizens include Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. Seaports that are typically accepted by Australian citizens include Chennai, Kochi, and Goa. Finally, land borders that are typically accepted by Australian citizens include the Indo-Pakistani border and the Thailand-Burma border.INDIAN VISA PORTS OF EXIT
Which Indian Ports are Accepted by Australian Citizens?
There are a few Indian ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens. These ports include Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. Australian citizens can also enter through the airports in Delhi and Hyderabad.
How to Apply for an Indian Visa at a Port of Entry?
If you are an Australian citizen and wish to apply for an Indian visa at a port of entry, the following are the ports that accept Australian citizens:
Indian ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens:
– Chennai (formerly known as Madras) in Tamil Nadu
– Mumbai in Maharashtra
– Kolkata in West Bengal
– Delhi in India’s national capital
What to Bring with You When Applying for an Indian Visa at a Port of Entry?
When travelling to India, it is important to be aware of the specific ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens. A few of the most common Indian ports of entry that are accepted by Australian citizens include:
– Mumbai airport: This is the most common port of entry for travellers arriving in India and is commonly used by Australians. There are several airlines that fly into Mumbai airport, including Air India, Jet Airways, Virgin Atlantic and many more.
– Chennai airport: Chennai airport is also a popular port of entry for travellers arriving in India. There are several airlines that fly into Chennai airport, including SpiceJet, Kingfisher Airlines and many more.
– Hyderabad airport: Hyderabad airport is a smaller airport located in Telangana and is used primarily by domestic flights within India. However, there are a few international flights that use Hyderabad airport as well.INDIAN VISA FOR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS
What To Do If Your Visa is Denied at a Port of Entry?
If you are an Indian citizen and you have a valid visa, you will be able to travel to Australia. However, if your visa is denied at a port of entry, there are some steps that you can take to try and get your visa approved again.
The first step is to contact the Australian embassy or consulate in the country where your visa was denied. They will be able to provide you with additional information about the process and help guide you through it.
If your visa was denied because of an issue with your application, such as missing documentation, then the Australian embassy or consulate may be able to assist you with getting that corrected.
Finally, if all else fails and your visa has been refused, then you may need to apply for a tourist visa instead. This type of visa is usually granted more quickly than a regular visa, so it might be worth considering if all other options have failed.