In today’s modern world, it is hard to imagine that it was not long ago that people had to pay for a service when travelling from one country to another. Today, however, with the rise of technology, travel can be done more easily than ever before. With this ease of travel comes the process of applying for a visa: getting your visa requirements in order beforehand and submitting your application in the correct manner. If you are planning on travelling from India to Canada or any other country, let us take a look at how to go about this process with ease. Indian Visa On Arrival
Indian Visa On Arrival
If you are a foreigner who would like to visit India, then you will need to apply for an Indian visa. The visa application process can be a little bit complicated, but it is definitely worth it. Here are the steps that you need to take:
- First, you will need to gather all of the documentation that proves your identity and your reason for wanting to visit India. This includes your passport, a photo ID such as a driver’s license, and proof of your financial resources (such as bank statements).
- Next, you will need to fill out an online visa application form. Make sure that you provide all of the required information on this form, and make sure that you submit all of your documentation in a timely manner.
- Once your online visa application has been processed, you will be notified of the results. If everything is correct, then you will be given an email notification telling you that your visa has been issued and what to do next. If there are any errors on your application, then you will be notified of those errors and asked to correct them before your visa can be issued.
- Once corrected, please print out your visa approval letter and carry it with you when traveling to India. You also need to bring copies of all of the documents that were submitted with your online visa application – including your passport photo page – in order to have them checked against the originals during immigration inspection at the airport. Indian Visa Application Process
How Long Does the Indian Visa On Arrival Process Take?
The Indian visa on arrival process can vary depending on the nationality of the applicant and whether the applicant is travelling for business or leisure purposes. For most passengers, the visa on arrival process will take around 15 minutes. However, for those travelling on a tourist visa, the process may take up to 48 hours. The application form must be completed in full and submitted with the required documents at a designated embassy or consulate. Applicants are generally not required to attend an interview or provide any additional information other than their passport photo.
What Happens Next After Getting an Indian Visa On Arrival?
If you have a valid visa for India and arrive at the airport on time with your valid passport and visa, you will be processed through immigration and Customs. You will then be given a “passport control stamp” which is basically a customs clearance that confirms that you are allowed to enter India. After this, you will be free to go where you like in India, as long as you have your passport and visa. If you have any other documentation required for your visit to India (such as an onward ticket), you can obtain these from the relevant embassy or consulate. Finally, if all goes well and there are no problems at customs or immigration, you will be directed to the baggage reclaim area where your luggage will be waiting for you.
What If my visa application is rejected?
If your visa application is rejected, there are a few things you can do to try and get it approved again:
– Request an appeal: If you believe that the reason your visa was rejected is incorrect, you can request an appeal. You will need to write a letter explaining your case and send it to the embassy or consulate where your visa application was submitted.
– Submit additional documents: Sometimes additional documents may be needed in order to prove that you are eligible for a visa. For example, if you are applying for a tourist visa, you may need to provide proof of travel arrangements.
– Try again later: Sometimes the embassy or consulate may have more slots available after all applications have been processed. You can try applying again at a later time if possible.
Alternative ways to Apply for a Tourist Visa in India
There are multiple ways to apply for a tourist visa in India, depending on your nationality and the type of visa you need.
Some foreign nationals who require a tourist visa may instead be eligible for a business or employment visa. To find out if you are eligible, consult the Indian embassy or consulate in your country.
To apply for a tourist visa in India, download the appropriate application form from the Indian government website and complete it. You will also need to submit documentation that proves your identity and citizenship, as well as evidence that you have funds available to cover your stay in India.
You can apply for a tourist visa at an Indian embassy or consulate either in person or by mail. Some embassies accept applications only during specific hours, so be sure to check the website before you visit. The processing time for applications varies, but is usually within two weeks.