The Visa Bureau is excited to announce the launch of our new website which provides comprehensive information on all aspects of Indian visas. We have put together a list of visa photo requirements, visa document requirements and other important information so that you can make the most informed decision when applying for an Indian visa. INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
What are the Indian visa photo requirements?
The Indian visa photo requirements are as follows:
- A passport-style photograph taken within 6 months of your intended travel date.
- 1 cm x 1 cm (0.4 in x 0.4 in) photograph of the back of your head
- A visa application form completed in full, with all required documents attached
- A nonrefundable fee of USD 100
- Proof of a valid travel ticket to India
What are the Indian visa document requirements?
The Indian visa document requirements for citizens of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States of America (USA) are as follows:
– A passport valid for at least six months beyond the desired length of stay in India.
– A return/re-entry visa if required by the Indian embassy/consulate.
– Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses during your stay in India. This can be in the form of a bank statement, credit card statement or cash withdrawal slip from an Indian bank. INDIAN VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
– Two photographs: One should be 2×2 inches in size and must show full face front with a clear background. The other should be 1×1 inch in size and should show full body including head and shoulders. These photos will be used on your visa application form as well as when you enter and leave India.
How to take Indian visa photos
To get a visa to India, you’ll need to submit passport-style photos with your application. The size of the photo should be 2×2 inches, and it should be taken in front of a white background. You may also need to provide a recent photograph if you’re applying for a long-term visa.
How to get an Indian visa
If you’re planning to visit India, it’s important to be prepared for the visa application process. Here are some tips on how to get an Indian visa:
- Start by gathering your required paperwork. You’ll need a passport valid for at least six months after your planned departure from India, a visa application form (available online or at most Indian consulate offices), and two passport-sized photos.
- Complete the visa application form accurately and legibly. Include all of the required information, including your name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and place of residence. Make sure to sign and date the form.
- Submit your form and photos to the appropriate Indian consulate office. Most consulates accept applications between 8am and 4pm local time, but check the consulate website or call before visiting to confirm specific hours of operation.
- Expect to pay a processing fee of around $60-$100 at most consulates, which will be added to your visa cost. In some cases you may be required to provide additional documentation or letters of invitation from friends or family in India.
What to bring with you on an Indian visa
Often times, people are not aware of the Indian visa photo requirements. In order to obtain an Indian visa, you will need to take a passport-style picture. The photo must be 2-by-2 inches square in size and show your face clearly. You will also need to bring your passport with you when you go to apply for the visa.